Jan 10, 2012

Use IRS Washers! Gets Government Money 72% Cleaner Than Other Brands!

Dick Locher, 1/9/12:
Now, I'm not going to pick on the bizarre anatomy of Obama there -- with one stumpy arm and one super-bendy arm.

I'm not going to nit-pick the huge empty spaces in those speech balloons.

I won't complain that turning the IRS into a front-loading washer is a weird metaphor, even for Locher.

And I'm not even going to ask how Obama would get that rich guy into the washing machine.

I will, however, note that this cartoon doesn't have a punchline, just two lines of dialogue barely connected by that shared washing-IRS metaphor, and wonder out loud what on earth a "normal" setting for an IRS washing machine could possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that the purpose of Editorial Explanations is to explain and to expand knowledge, rather than to engage in any partisan bickering. All cartoonists are completely correct, in their own worlds.