Apr 2, 2011

Hello, Cupcake!

Martin Rowson, 4/1/11:
Gadaffi is playing footsie with British PM Cameron -- a reference to the alleged BP deal? -- while a diminutive Sarkozy stabs him in the hand and someone unspecified (Obama?) leaves the room.

In a proper American editorial cartoon, all of those elements -- not just the people, but the cupcake, the fork, the tablecloth, and even the chairs -- would be carefully labeled. One can only hope civilization will eventually extend to the other side of the Atlantic.

2 comments:

  1. And the guy under the chair? I peed my pants a little when I noticed that horror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little horror under the chair wormed his way into my dreams last night: Was sitting in the family room for a while before I noticed a little blue dude crouched under the chair right in front of me. If it happens again I'll have to price those plastic mattress pads.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember that the purpose of Editorial Explanations is to explain and to expand knowledge, rather than to engage in any partisan bickering. All cartoonists are completely correct, in their own worlds.