Apr 28, 2011

No One Rides for Free

Terry Wise, 4/27/11:
The first hybrid minivan to come to the US -- they've had them elsewhere, where gas is more expensive, for some time -- will probably be from Toyota, and estimates are that it will sell for around $27,000.

Toyota's current base minivan, the Sienna, starts at $24,260 and ranges up to nearly $40,000.

So, clearly, only someone rich enough to write a book could afford a hybrid minivan, while regular minivans are as cheap as dirt.

Two minutes of Googling, people, two minutes of googling. It is your friend.

1 comment:

  1. "Mr. President, it offends me that you suggest I proactively tackle my problems with solutions I can control. I would rather wring my hands at an angry god and blame you, the Other."

    ReplyDelete

Please remember that the purpose of Editorial Explanations is to explain and to expand knowledge, rather than to engage in any partisan bickering. All cartoonists are completely correct, in their own worlds.